Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hmmm, come on down to St. John's; you seem to know it all, me son.


Greetings,
I have a friend who told me that St John's is the 
place to work for bartending as well. He told me 
that St John's has less Europeans (which tip crappy ) 
and that there is not as many locals either-----that its 
mainly people with money that stay over there.
Any truth to this suggestion from anyone?

Also I would think places like the Ritz Carlton, 
Marriott, or any of the resorts would be the ideal place 
to bartend in STT. Then again I can imagine the months 
June-Aug where hotel occupancy is like 20-25%. 
I used to work at the Hyatt Regency in Phoenix AZ, 
and thats how things were there during those months.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, "St.John's" is great.....especially when you spell it correctly. That is like me saying, "High Point's," NC is great.

    If there is a "Dummies Guide To St.John" it should have page one teaching people the correct spelling of the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, even native born St. Johnians called it St. John's a lot until the 1970s, just as natives of a neighboring island call their home Jost Van Dyke's to this day. Relatively minor compared to the other problems with this guy's attitude...

    ReplyDelete

OK, people, comment here: