hess has the right to just shut down.
we should understand why. for the last 5 years many oil/refinerys have closed
they cite loosing money to run them as the reason this is really a misstatemnt, they are not loosing money, whats going on isthe cost of running the refinery is increaseing and that is eating into profits.
over the last 5 years oil/ refinerys have made record profits. they have recived record substitys from the federal goverment.
last year the oil/refinerys discovered that if they out sorce the refineing process they can make even higher profits. owners of oil/ refinerys are not in bussiness to make oil/ refined products they are in business to make money
this pattern is exactly what has happened to other idustries in the USA.
want to know what will happn to st coix. Simly look at detroit, pitsburg.
there legislatures were equily as powerlss as our’s is right now.
hess citing the loss as its reason for shuting down is there right and we can do nothing about it, despite the moral implecations of it to our island home, despite the record profit hess made last year, despite the fact tht hess made trillions of dollars oprating a refinery here on st croixover the last 40 years,they can make more money by shuting down.
th teratry was caught blind sided and dumped quite like a girl whos boy freind left her because he found someone prettier.
Well now comes the real question for the teratory and St croix.
Who are we and how tough are we .
are we tough enough to make lemonaid from the lemons handed to us?
1. get tough with hovenza, start a law suit imedialy about the clean up of our island, they are remaining open as a storage facility, could it be forthe same reason renasance has remained open? its ceaper to keep it open than clean it up. hint to the goverment try calling the aclu and getting the case studied by some of the best laywers for free, imediately legislate that all clean up efforts of lands poluted by companys like hovena, renasance diagio, crucian rum be done by a80% resident labor force.
2. make a deal with renasance to convert its generators to burning waste, direct WMA to seperate the trash, convert it to fuel and sell it to renasance for fuel.
3. make all residents who have lost there jobs to goverment cuts and hovenza,the first in line to recive the jobs created by any trash to fuel conversion.
4. stop winning about this, its a childlike responce, it says we are entitled when in fact we have a history of surviing anything god or man can throw at us.
5. stop the hurtful yelling about born ya, those people from ut side that brought there moeny and reams to the teratory are imporant now, we ned the moeny they bring , we need the tallent and jobs they bring, we need the bussinessthey generate. its ti the majority here stop being so insecure, its a luxury that we can no longer afford surviving is a battle and allalliesare welcome and shoud be greeted with a sence that each of us are needed.
well im mad. im loosing my bussiness and I feel like the victem of a crime, but big bussiness making decisions to make even more money isnt a crime, what I can do about this is limited to picking my butt up off the ground and working to rebuild my life. I dont know if im tough enough to be a sucess but i am tough enough to try.
So very sorry! I still can't post a live link, so shut the hell up. Hello, J? Help me here. So cut and paste this, and then download the radio broadcasts (it takes a few minutes, but really, do it), and then you will be as dumbfounded as I am right now:
I say do it quickly, before they yank this post down. Because if I owned that radio station, Moorhead would be so off the air it wasn't funny, and this post would be removed. I know you are not supposed to start a sentence with "Because," but there you have it from me. Since I am speechless right now.
On another note, Innovative can KISS MY ASS!!! My hair is growing grey while I try to post this. Grrrrr...
The Clock Is Ticking on January 1, 2012 at 10:06 am
I spoke with a friend who lives in the Tutu housing community yesterday. He and his family have not had running water on any regular basis since before Thanksgiving and for the past two weeks, have had water at a maximum of two hours every couple of days.
He described the mad rush to try to use the water when it was running to bathe, only to find that the quality of the water that comes is so rank that his grandchildren have all begun to have skin rashes. If you can’t bathe in it, you can’t cook in it – all it’s good for is priming the toilet to flush – when it’s running.
He described what is happening in the community as people who cannot afford to buy enough water to meet their needs, and the needs of their families, are going from door to door begging – for water for god’s sake.
It’s gotten graphic there – waste that’s piling up in toilets that cannot be flushed; people crawling around in cisterns trying to retrieve a bucket of water to meet a small part of their needs. And this is 2012.
But he also spoke of the anger – the deep seated and simmering anger – of people who have been reduced to little more than animals, foraging for the necessities of survival.
I’ve known this man for 13 years and in all of that time, his attention to the political scene has been glancing at best. I listened to the rage he is feeling toward this Administration and was honestly surprised at how much of the detail of the corruption and indifference is at the top of his mind.
I think the so called “powers that be” should be advised that the dissatisfaction has reached into every corner of this community – even communities that heretofore were content to go about their business and not get involved in the machinations of the political machine.
He warned that if things continue in this way, the next and only lucrative target will be the tourists – the resentment about water going to the cruise ships and away from the people is raging – and that in the absence of any other option, those mindless, clueless ship passengers will be easy prey.
I think somebody better start paying attention. Quite literally, the natives are very restless.