Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All I can say is "WOW," as well.


Thinking about moving. 
September 19, 2010 10:09PM

Registered: 2 days ago
Posts: 2
Ok I visited St. Thomas in July for just one day. All I can say is WOW. 
I had a great time and loved the crystal clear water. Me and my cousin 
are thinking about moving .I've done some research but I've still got plenty 
of questions I hope you guys can help me out with.....

1. How much does it cost to have a crate shipped to the Virgin Islands from the mainland?
2. I figure I'd like to live on St. Thomas or St Croix but what are the main differences between the two?
Is one island cheaper than the other?
Does one have better beaches?
3. Do cruise ships visit St. Croix also?
4. How do the snorkeling tours go? Im thinking of buying a boat and offering 2-3 hour snorkeling tours?
Is the market for that already saturated or is there room for more?
Do they make enough income to compensate for their expenses?
How much does it cost to dock your boat?
etc....


Re: Thinking about moving. 
September 21, 2010 03:21PM
Registered: 2 days ago
Posts: 2
It would be a crate big enough to ship all of our clothes, some furniture like 2 beds, 
desk, chairs, kayak, etc. i guess a pretty large crate. Not the size that a 18 wheeler carries. 
Right now the main thing holding us back is finding the right boat.


Re: Thinking about moving. 
September 21, 2010 03:29PM
Registered: 2 years ago
Posts: 505
Don't take this the wrong way, donkey, but -- Gather your expense estimates and then double them, 
as you may well find you have to ship it all back, when you find out things here aren't what they look 
like from a one-day vacation.... Starting a business down here is not like starting one stateside, either. 
It might work out for you, but from what you've written, it sounds like you'll need to do a ton more 
research if you're going to keep from making a very expensive mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OK, people, comment here: