Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

They were arriving at 7:30 p.m, and didn't get to Concordia until AFTER MIDNIGHT???


 Help!! Taxis to Concordia - Late arrival 
May 23, 2010, 1:03 PM
We'll be arriving at 7:30 to STT, renting a car there from Budget 
(I'm 23, that was my only choice), and then taking the passenger 
ferry and leaving the car there for the night and picking it up the 
next morning, since the car barge doesn't run after 7pm.... 
after I get to Cruz Bay, are there going to be taxis available 
that will be willing to go all the way out to Concordia?? 
What are my choices here?? I'm leaving in 2 days!!! Really 
excited but nervous about a couple of logistics issues :) 
We would really appreciate some info on this, thanks!!!

4. Re: Help!! Taxis to Concordia - Late arrival
Jun 04, 2010, 4:58 PM
I'm glad to report that we did not get stuck in Cruz Bay 
although we did get rejected by at least two taxis who 
had no desire to drive all the way to Concordia... it did 
cost us $40, and I tipped the driver $10 because she 
spent at least 25 min after we arrived to Concordia trying 
to help us find the office at 12:30 am (apparently the taxi 
drop off location changed from the last time she had been there)
It took us about 4-5 hours to get our car from the Red Hook 
Ferry parking lot and bring it back to Concordia, so I totally 
agree with everyone that responded to either stay in STT 
fro the night or plan to arrive early to cach the car barge

No comments:

Post a Comment

OK, people, comment here: