Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

What the hell? Seems like a good way to get jumped and have your last remaining possessions 'teefed, but what do I know?

I am looking for a dedicated companion who wants to live on the beach. (Virgin Islands)
Reply to: job-6z8wy-2634100210@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am moving to the United States Virgin Islands in approximately one week. I will be homeless and living on the beach until I can find work. I am looking for someone who is in a similar position that wants to do this with a companion. Having the support of another is much better than doing it alone. Living on the beach is kind of like camping. It's only going to work for certain types of people because there are physical and mental challenges. And believe me when I tell you the challenges we could face will be extreme.

I am a clean 32 year old white male. I have no dependents. I do not use drugs. I drink alcohol socially only. I have no criminal background. I have lived and worked in St. Thomas previously and I had a really good job. But the economy took my job away and I moved back to the mainland with my extended family last year. I am having no luck finding work on the mainland. So I am relocating back to the islands without any support. I still have a friend who lives on St. Thomas but you just can't live somewhere without being able to pay the bills. I am on a strict budget but I do have money to survive. I will be bringing a backpack of essential supplies including a travel pillow, suntan lotion, mosquito repellent, a tent, a razor, some towels, mosquito repellent, a few changes of clothes that I will hand wash, etc. You see where this is going. I will also bring along a one man tent. I suggest you do the same.

I am willing to help you out as much as I can. However, life is going to be tough for the both of us until we find some income. If you're a true friend, I will give you my last drop of water. I would hope you would do the same. Conservation is the key. We must live conservatively to survive and make this work. Once I approach the island, I won't be able to easily leave the island. I have a pretty impressive work history but I'm throwing that all away and willing to accept a job busing tables for a low wage. Just because we live outside doesn't mean we should totally ignore personal hygiene.

I have not decided which island is best yet. St. John is the most beautiful island of all three. However, St. Croix is big and largely flat. We can hide better in St. Croix because it's much larger than the rest and it has less tourism. There are jobs on St. Croix. Please understand that this will at first be a journey but at the same time it could end up being a fight to survive. Our safety should be fine. But our money supplies and food supplies could run low. This is a risky venture. I am not looking for someone who wants to hit the beach up for three days and then leave the island. You can do that on your own. I am looking for someone who has had enough and wants a change. There will be a lot of walking, a lot of roaming, a lot of lounging and a lot of sacrifice. Money doesn't last forever. I am bringing some resumes with me.

Again I have lived and worked on St. Thomas before. Just one year ago, I had a $45k a year job with transportation and housing. Everything was going great. Now I'm in the dumps. I am looking to pull out in one week. So please, no drug addicts, no murderers, no rapists. I just want a drama free experience where we try to move forward and help each other. This could be a life changing experience for the right person. But I guarantee you it will be a catastrophe for the wrong person. Please email me if you're serious and we can talk on the phone. Thanks.

Location: Virgin Islands

2 comments:

OK, people, comment here: