Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh, it is so good to be home...

2. Re: First time trip in 3 weeks--what are some must-dos?
Sep 17, 2011, 7:02 PM

These are great answers--thank you! Exactly the kind of information I was hoping for.

Like I said, it was a silly bias. Despite the good snorkeling I'd heard about, I'd also heard about the preponderance of "Trustafarians" and how Americans were moving in and buying up land and making it difficult, if not impossible for the local islanders to own their own homes/properties. Well, okay, that's not such a silly bias now that I think of it. The silly part of the bias is that when I travel I want to leave US soil and use my passport, and while I'm sure that St. John has a fine West Indian culture, I had always preferred to experience West Indian culture on other islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OK, people, comment here: